Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Next Big Race ... Oktoberfest 10 K Run in Waterloo

I'm training for my next running race -- the Oktoberfest 10 kilometre race on October 15 in Waterloo, Ontario. I am looking forward to having several "racing buddies" to run with -- Ron Bonar has already registered; our son, Paul, is just about to sign up on-line; and a couple of other friends and family members are considering it.

Last week, it was fun to do training runs in three interesting locations. On two warm and sunny afternoons (Tuesday and Thursday), I ran with my friend, Dave McCann, along the Bow River in downtown Calgary. Wednesday morning, I watched the sun rise over the Calgary skyline while running in Nose Hill Park on the north side of the city. Saturday morning, I ran along a section of the Grand River Trail in Waterloo with my friend, Neil Cudney, during the "Walk and Roll" fundraiser of Children's Homes International.

My hope in the upcoming race is a sub 58:00 which would be a personal best time at this distance. For results and a photo, check back here on October 16. GG

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?