Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

Celebrating for the 54th Time ...


October 18, 1952 was one of the big days in my life -- my birth date! Arriving around 4:00 in the afternoon at St. Joseph's Hospital in Toronto, I was the first child of Muriel and Harold Gibson.

Today is the 54th time I have commemorated that day. On many of those occasions, my mother liked to say, "You should give presents to the mother rather than the child on a birthday!" In recent years, I have been inclined to agree. She was 54 when she passed away from a brain aneurism. I would loved to have been with her today to give her a great big thanks!

How did I celebrate? Going out for breakfast with Dianne and our son, Paul, with wife, Heather. Then playing golf with two friends and ministry supporters -- Bill Kaethler from Stratford and Urias Weber from St. Jacobs. A little afternoon nap. Fish and chips for supper with Dianne before a quiet evening at home. A perfect personal day!

The party will actually continue this coming weekend when we visit with your daughter, Rebecca, and family. On Monday, we'll also celebrate Rebecca's 30th birthday and give presents to her mother who will be there for the party. GG

Comments:
Hey, Happy belated birthday!

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?