Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Relationships -- The Ultimate Investment


One of the many highlights from our family vacation this summer was the week I spent with our new grand daughter, Emilie Hamel (to enlarge the picture, click on it). Almost three months old, she's becoming very interactive and being with her is becoming one of my favourite activities. Getting down on the floor or the odd dirty diaper is no problem to me. We are always glad to see each other and we are quickly learning how to communicate. We are making a deep investment in our new family relationship and there are dividends that we are both receiving already!

Last night, I was reading once again in Roy Oswald's book, "Clergy Care." This time, the chapter was about how healthy ministry leaders usually have developed a "support system." These are relationships with people who re-energize them in the midst of serving Christ. Those who do it well are intentional and they expend time and effort to invest in those relationships to make them strong. The pay off comes when ministry is draining or a crisis come. Those who create their own "umbrella" tend to "stay dry when it rains."

I plan to be there for Emilie whenever she needs what a grandpa can give and I hope she will always be there for me. GG
Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?