Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

Racing for Father's Day ...

After taking a bit of a racing break following the Waterloo Half Marathon in April, I'm getting ready to race again one week from today (Father's Day) in the Waterloo 10 K Classic. It's not only the first anniversary of my first comeback race, but is an outing to prepare for the Oktoberfest 10 K race this fall in which I hope to break 54 minutes over that distance -- one of my personal fitness goals for the year. At present, my personal best over that distance is 58:39 -- so getting under 58 minutes would be good progress this time around. With all my family away for the weekend, I won't have a personal photographer for this event. But I'll post my result next Sunday afternoon as soon as I've recovered and staggered to the keyboard. GG

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?