Monday, December 12, 2005

 

A Wee Bit of Good News!

Originally e-mailed to team mates and key ministry supporters on December 8:

When Silence is Golden ... I didn't get a phone call and that's good news!

Some Background. I came to the OC staff retreat in BC last week with a concern -- a Saturday night Christmas party blood sugar test administered by my sister, a diabetic, was through the roof. As Dianne and I talked about it on the Sunday morning drive to the airport, we agreed that checking the possibility of diabetes should not be postponed. So I was able to change my return flight and come home on Wednesday night.


The Doctor and the Lab. Last Thursday afternoon, our physician, Corrine Dixon, was quite reassuring -- no alarms raised. Keep running! was one of her first comments. She said that I should visit the lab for tests and that she would only call me if there was a problem. I did the blood tests the next morning and was told the results would be in the doctor's hands by Tuesday. Impatiently, I called the doctor's office Tuesday, was told that the results would be reviewed the next day (Wednesday), and reminded of the silence is golden policy of their office.

Staring Happily at My Silent Phone. Anyway, I'm a happy little guy as lunch time approaches on Thursday. I am sitting here with my phone in hand. No ring, no vibration. It's a loud shout of good news made noiselessly. I'm not sure why the blood sugar test at the party was so high. But I have full confidence in my doctor and am reinforced by the absence of any of the typical symptoms of diabetes at this time.

Thanks for Your Prayers. Thanks to those who were in our circle of confidence this past week. I got a lot of care and encouragement from you.

What Have I Learned? 1. Take care of business, 2. you can count on those around you, 3. be patient, 4. fitness matters.

Glenn A. Gibson
II Timothy 4:17
But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?