Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

Reaching the Goal -- 10 Kilometres in 58:39!


The picture is from this past weekend's Oktoberfest 10 Kilometre Run in Waterloo. The whole Gibson gang was there as witnesses to watch our son, Paul, and me do something we talked about just one year ago -- a 10 K race together. 10 second after the old guy (I'm turning 53 on Tuesday) crossed the finish line, our son-in-law, Max, took this shot. Yes, it's now official. I finally met my fitness goal for 2005 of "running 10 K in under an hour". But the star of the day was Paul who did his very first 10 K in 51:16! Our friend, Ron Bonar, ran with me again and bested me with a time of 56:54. Dianne, our daughter, Rebecca, and our daughter-in-law, Heather were cheering us on. To see the full race results go to www.roadraceresults.com and click on Oktoberfest 2005 10 K "Race Results". To see the finish line video, click here (be patient). Glenn Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Way to go, Glenn, great discipline and perseverance!
 
Wonderful accomplishment, we are proud of you....OC Team
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?