Monday, June 13, 2005

 

The Big Race -- This Sunday!

After almost 8 months of training, the big race is here. This Sunday, I'm running in the Waterloo Classic 10 K Race (for more info, click here http://www.runwaterloo.com/10k/waterloo10kclassic.html). Joining me for the run will be my friend (and "Church Planting Canada" executive member), Ron Bonar. My audacious goal is completing it in under an hour, but I'll be happy to finish in less than 70 minutes for my first race. "Will you post a picture after the race?", asked one of my friends. "Yes," was my reply. "It will show one of the three things -- a casket, an ambulance, or the finish line!" On a more serious note, I feel like I'll be ready and am looking forward to an exhilarating experience of fulfilling a promise to myself and those who have been encouraging me in reaching my fitness goals. GG

Comments:
This is a test message.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?